CORONAVIRUS SAFE TRAINING GUIDE – PORTISHEAD
We are back hubbers! HOORAY! Now we’ve been given the government go ahead to re-open on Sat 25th July (Portishead only), behind the scenes we’ve been extremely busy, to make the Hub as safe as possible!
The health and safety of our members is our number one priority and we have a number of new procedures that we have introduced inline with the government guidelines. We don’t like to brag, but we’ve ALWAYS prided ourselves on the second to none cleanliness of our training facilities and we aren’t about to let that slip.
You may have seen a drill-down of our new procedures on social media, but in case you missed them, here they are…
ACCESSING THE HUB
To support track & trace & ensure an efficient check-in for our hubbers, we have introduced the following system. When arriving at the gym…
- If there are people already at reception, please wait outside
- There will be members of staff on reception to check you in
- You will be asked for your membership card
- And then be asked to read & respond to the COVID-19 questions
- You’ll be asked to sanitize your hands
and then you’re ready to SMASH your workout 💪🏼
We understand the new procedures may be frustrating but we kindly ask for your cooperation and kindness towards staff (this is new for all of us!). Your details will also be kept for 21 days to support the test and trace effort
We’re very lucky at the Hub to have a large training facility and so will not require members to book. In the VERY rare occurrence that we do reach maximum capacity, a one in one out system will be introduced
You will need to BOOK for all classes on the website and you can book up to 48 hours ahead!
We also kindly ask that you bring a yoga/pilates mat along with you to all classes apart from spin
- Don’t spend too long at each station
- Try and keep your training time to 1 hour
- Follow the signage that is around the gym
- Sanitise the equipment once you’ve used it
- Respect social distancing
- Toilets will be available but the showers won’t for the foreseeable future
- Sunbeds are currently not available
- Although the toilets will be open, we are introducing a no bag policy, you can bring lifting equipment but please bring as little as possible
Last but not least, THANK YOU hubbers, for the support and patience! We can’t wait to see you back in our beloved Hub, smashing your goals and upping your heart rates! What won’t be changing is the community and atmosphere!
Rest assured, we’re committed to keeping our hub family safe and ask in return you are patient with our staff and respect the new procedures. If you are suffering any symptoms, we ask that you don’t train.
The Hub Team